Gartner Research Reprints
Innovation Insight for Cloud-Native Application Protection Platforms
According to Gartner, “Optimal security of cloud-native applications requires an integrated approach that starts in development and extends to runtime protection. SRM leaders should evaluate emerging cloud-native application protection platforms that provide a complete life cycle approach for security.”
Download this complimentary Gartner® research report to learn key findings in the following:
- “Cloud-native applications arise from the combination of microservices applications (typically using Linux containers), built using rapid DevOps-style development and automatically deployed onto the programmatic cloud infrastructure.
- Cloud-native applications are typically built from containers and serverless platforms as a service (PaaS), but most communicate with virtual machine (VM)-based workloads and on-premises data centers, complicating protection strategies.
- Understanding and addressing the real risk of cloud-native applications require advanced analytics combining siloed views of application risk, open-source component risk, cloud infrastructure risk, and runtime workload risk.”
This Gartner report has a focus on Cloud-Native application protection. We also believe that SRM leaders should evaluate emerging cloud-native application protection platforms that provide a complete life cycle approach for security.
***Gartner, Innovation Insight for Cloud-Native Application Protection Platforms, 25 August 2021, Neil MacDonald, Charlie Winckless.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request. All rights reserved.
This complimentary Gartner report is brought to you by NeuVector, the leader in Full-Lifecycle Container Security
- Protect containers from DevOps to Run-Time
- Full lifecycle vulnerability management and compliance checks
- Implement 'security policy as code' to quickly deploy secure applications
- Protect east-west container traffic with the only cloud-native container firewall with Layer 7 deep packet inspection, DLP, and built-in threat detection
- Monitor running containers & hosts for violations, threats, break outs, and vulnerabilities
- Audit security settings of hosts, Docker daemon, and containers for internal and external compliance
What our customers say
“NeuVector provides the network inspection, visualization, and security needed for dynamic container environments. The solution integrates easily into our automated workflow and the built-in intelligence let’s us scale quickly. It even helped us debug network connections from mis-configured application updates.”
“If someone does compromise a pod, and performs a zero-day exploit, there’s nothing at that point to prevent someone from moving from a front-end pod to the database pod. With NeuVector we can now look at traffic flows and create more granular enforcement for pod to pod traffic. I recommend that you take a serious look at what’s running inside your network.”
Kubernetes-native Security at DevOps Velocity.
Visibility. Automation. Compliance.
From Pipeline to Production.